Good news this week- I got a job!! All the hard work paid off and I move out of the cozy world of post-uni unemployment on Monday. The most exciting part is finally being able to window shop without having to sigh and walk away/ wince when buying things my overdraft won’t thank me for. Here’s what I’m considering treating myself to when that first wonderful paycheck comes in (what better excuse?)
1) Topshop’s Floral Placement Tube Skirt was one of those breathless love-at-first-sight additions to the wishlist. Team it with a silk top and blazer- hello workwear. Pair with denim jacket/chunky knit jumper and wellies (weather dependent) and you have this year’s midi skirt festival trend just in time for Glastonbury. A multi-tasking marvel.
2) I had my first foray into the world of & Other Stories the other day and adore their geometric, understated necklaces and bracelets. All-time fave? This brushed metal Enamel Bracelet (3) by Alyson Fox.
4) Walking into Topshop’s jewellery section today was like walking into a sweetshop. Their statement necklaces are incred- PVC spikes, geometric cutouts, huge Egyptian-inspired collars… I was very taken by a huge cross-chest multicoloured number for a mere £54, reasoning that ‘you pair it with a plain top and it’s a whole new outfit, so it’s really a bargain!’
5) For the sole purpose of Glasto-ifying every outfit next weekend: Studded Polka Ears Aliceband.
6) Another & Other Stories love affair, these mint satin heels are the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen. And they’re in the sale! Must. Have.
7) I sort of inadvertently subscribe to the buy-one-Rimmel-nail-polish-then-use-til-it-runs-out school of thought. It’s about time I expanded my nail wardrobe with some Essie- one look at their colour collection shows you that I’ve got my work cut out.
8) First priority though is to get myself down to Niketown quick sharp. My old faithful trainers have really seen better days and with the Dulux Colour Run coming up next month (to raise money for Stand Up to Cancer- sponsor me here!) I need a footwear revamp.
ps. Mum- this is really just a massive hint-drop to you in time for my birthday next Friday. The 28th. In case you forgot.